Monday, July 21, 2008

It's a girl...





I got a little scared today. I went to my doctor visit by myself because the doctor said they were just going to listen to the heartbeat with the doppler and make sure everything was okay. Well the nurse took my blood pressure, which was 122/67. So that was good. Then she tried to hear the baby's heartbeat with the doppler, but couldn't find it. She called another nurse in to try again. I asked if I should be freaking out and she said no. Then we heard a thump. She said that is probably a kick. I thought that was pretty cool, but I am still upset that there isn't a heartbeat. Then the nurse calmly said, "we need to just do an ultrasound because we can't find the heartbeat." My heart kind of stopped. As I am walking to the room for an ultrasound the nurse asks if I want to find out the sex of the baby. I hesitated at first because Skip wasn't with me. She asked a second time and I couldn't resist. She found the baby right off the bat. That little thing was jumping everywhere. Then she tells me it is a girl! I got a little teary eyed. It was so cool to see her (I don't have to call the baby "it" anymore). At one point she tried to straighten her legs, but we didn't get a picture of that. She looks like she is going to have some long legs. After the ultrasound, I talked to the doctor. He said everything looks great! At my next visit on August 18th, they will do another ultrasound to measure the baby's organs. So everything is going good. Now we get to start shopping for girl stuff. I can't wait!! I have attached a few of the ultrasound pictures. Enjoy!

4 comments:

kathryn monsour said...

how exciting?! how did you tell skip and what was his reaction?! you know we want all the details :) congratulations!!!

Elizabeth said...

Yay, Kate! Congratulations! By the way, I'm going to add your blog to my the list on mine. :)
Elizabeth Grey

Unknown said...

My Goodness yall! She looks like her mama, doesn't she! I never thought I could tell who an unborn baby looks like! amazing! She has Kate's profile! perfectly beautiful! Our prayers with you! With much love! Allison and David

Stephen and Claire Griner said...

Congratulations Kate! I haven't talked to you in so long, I didn't know you were pregnant! It's good to know you are feeling ok. I'm gonna add your blog to my blog. Take care of that baby girl!!
Claire